Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Baby Emma Update

I am fairly certain that I forgot to share on our blog that we are having another girl. After much discussion, we chose to name our next bundle of joy Emma Lynn. We had two doctor appointments with in the last two weeks. The first was last Wednesday at Cardinal Glennon. We went for a fetal echocardiogram, which is basically an ultrasound that focuses on the heart. This was completely precautionary and simply to give us peace of mind. We had the same procedure done when I was pregnant with Madelynn with the same results. Everything with Emma's heart looks perfect. Kevin and I have chosen to have this additional test done because he was born with a heart defect and so were some of his cousins, lending us to believe that there is a possibility that it could be genetic. Luckily, both of our girls have perfect little hearts. The second was a regular doctor's visit today. Again everything was great. My blood pressure is normal, and I am measuring at twenty four weeks which is exactly how far along I am. My appointments are pretty boring and quick at this point in time, which I am thankful for because that means that both Emma and I are healthy. It is hard to believe that we only have sixteen more weeks until we get to meet her. We have plenty of getting ready to do in the mean time so these next four months will go by quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment