Thursday, April 14, 2011

Picnic at the Lake

Since today was going to possibly be the last pretty day that we have in a while, and because Kevin had the day off, he suggested taking the girls to the lake.  We decided to do a picnic.  This excited Maddy, she made sure to tell Miss Erin at playgroup that we were doing a picnic when we got home.  It was windy but very nice out.  We dined on sandwiches, bananas, and carrot sticks.  Emma also had some puffs and yogurt melts.  Maddy thought it was lots of fun to eat outside on blankets.
 After lunch, we walked the dam.  It is about 2.5 miles.  The fresh air must have gotten to the girls because both of them fell asleep on our way across the dam.  As we were walking back, Maddy woke up.
She wasn't a happy camper and decided that I needed to carry her. 
Oh, well I guess I burned off my lunch that way.
Maddy really enjoyed herself, and Emma just thinks its lots of fun to eat what the rest of us are eating so I see more picnics in our future.


No comments:

Post a Comment