Saturday, March 27, 2010

Bunnies, and Elephants, and Guinea Pigs, Oh My!

A couple weeks ago, Kevin and I took Maddy to the zoo on an extremely pleasant March day. The weather was beautiful out and we took advantage of being able to go on a weekday during the spring when the crowds wouldn't be quite so bad. Madelynn enjoyed herself, but she fell asleep for the last half of the zoo so we will have to take her back to see the animals she missed out on. She checked out the animals and all the other kiddos that were there as well. She particularly enjoyed the ice cream treat at the end. Here are some photos from that day.

The penguin and puffin coast.
It did not smell pleasant, and I wouldn't advise going in for anyone who has a touchy stomach.

Maddy called them ducks.
It is a nice display because you are really very close to the animals and she was able to see them pretty easily.

The children's zoo had a large pen with a ledge full of guinea pigs and bunnies.
About 30 seconds after I snapped this picture, Kevin had to stop Maddy from climbing inside the pen with the cute little critters.


"Wow" was Maddy's reaction to this next big guy.

Many of the animals were out and about and pretty active that day.
I guess they had spring fever too.

When we left the zoo, I told Kevin that it is really something that people in our area take for granted. The St. Louis Zoo has so many animals and great displays, and it is free, that is if you don't count what you pay for parking. We had a nice time and I want to take Maddy back to see what she missed before it gets to warm out and the animals become inactive in our lovely humid midwestern summers.



No comments:

Post a Comment