My first Mother's Day was wonderful. It began a little early, last Sunday Kevin arranged for my sister to watch Madelynn and took me to one of my favorite places, the Melting Pot for dinner. Then last night, we had dinner with his parents to celebrate. Today, we went to church and Madelynn was awake and happy through the entire service. Then this afternoon we had the Boda's over for a Mother's Day BBQ. Kevin grilled pork steaks, brats, and hotdogs. Maddy enjoyed being held and talking to everyone, and my grandma modeled her new garden hat that my Aunt gave her. At the end of the evening, as you can tell by the picture all of our babies were worn out from the party. Next weekend, we will all be together again for my grandfather's 89th birthday. Now that I have a family of my own, I value the traditions that my family had growing up even more than I did before, and am so glad that we all are able to get together and spend time with one another as often as we do. I look forward to continuing these traditions with Madelynn.
No comments:
Post a Comment