Sunday, January 2, 2011

Goals for the New Year

As we are kicking off 2011, I am feeling a tiny bit overwhelmed with all of things I want to change/accomplish in the New Year.  So, I thought I would blog about my list and maybe that will make me feel a little better.  This isn't a picture post, just one for my benefit and peace of mind.  Some of them are family goals/exciting things that I know we have to look forward to in the new year, but others are things that I feel I need to, or want to accomplish. 
Here's the List:

1.  Emma is going to have a big year this year.  This is a fun item.  We have a lot to look forward to with her.  She is going to start eating baby food, crawling, eating solid foods, and walking all in 2011.  A very big year for my baby girl.

2.  At some point in time in the next year, Maddy will be potty trained.  As much as I am looking forward to not having two kiddos in diapers, I am not rushing this one.  She is showing interest in using the big girl potty, so we are going to begin to reinforce and promote it.  None of the milestones, or big changes have been an issue with her.  She gave up the paci on her own by throwing it at us at nine months, no fuss no muss.  Bottles to sippy also weren't too big of a deal for her, and going from crib to big girl bed was also a fairly easy transition.  I am really hoping that if we go at her pace and don't rush things that potty training also won't be very difficult.

3.  Tackle my massive amount of pictures.  I take A LOT of pictures, and they are all sitting on a shelf in one of our kitchen closets.  I have done a good job of keeping up with the blog, but a terrible job of organizing the physical photos.  I asked for and received several photo albums for Christmas.  So, this will be my first project of the New Year.  I am going to put all of our family photos into albums. 

4.  Use my time more wisely.  I use the term "my time" very loosely here, because truthfully I don't have very much of that.  But I need to better utilize the time I have in the evening after the girls go to sleep, especially on the evenings that Kevin is at work.  Right now I kind of use that time to veg, watch things that have been dvr'd, stalk blogs.  I need to use that time to get more chores done and to check other items off my to list.

5.  Make time to exercise for 30 minutes a day at least four days a week.  I realize that for those of you who do this on a daily, basis that this is a rather weak goal.  But unless it is nice outside and the girls and I go for a walk, I currently am not getting any time to exercise which isn't good for my behind or any of my other parts either.  So, this is one of the items that I intend to fit in by doing number four on this list.

6.  ORGANIZE, CLEAN, AND PURGE.  This is in reference to our basement, it is a fright and needs to be taken care of before we can sell the house.  It is my goal to go through things with Kevin and to either sell, donate, or pitch every single item we don't use.  If we don't use it and it doesn't hold a special meaning to either of us then it is clutter.  I don't like clutter, we don't need to move or store clutter.

7.  Help Kevin to finish his projects for our house.  We are still in the process of finishing doors and trim in order to be able to list our house.  Okay, really Kevin is in the process of doing this, but I need to be better about making sure that I get other things taken care of so that when he does have some time, he can do those things instead of watching the girls so that I can get other things taken care of.

8.  List our home with the realtor.  This is something that is filled with excitement and just a tiny bit of dread.  I am a little nervous about this whole process.  I am not certain how I am going to keep the house in "showing" condition with two kiddos and two messy little dogs, but others have done it before and we will be able to make it work somehow.  It will be worth it in the end.

9.  This is a very exciting one, and I really hope that it happens in 2011.  Begin construction on our new home.  A lot needs to fall into place before this one can happen, but Kevin and I are very hopeful that it does.

So, I am done with my tangent and typing and am going to go try to use my time wisely now.  Happy New Year Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment