Sunday, March 20, 2011

Monica's Closet

I was a fan of the show Friends when it aired.  The character Monica, was OCD and a neat freak to say the least, but she had a closet in her New York apartment that was stuffed full of unorganized clutter. No one was allowed to open that closet. While I am far from a neat freak, the house minus the well played with toys, is usually neat.  We however, have a Monica's Closet.  It is the unfinished side of our basement.  It is full of unorganized clutter.  Clothes, baby items, cases of wine, okay really empty boxes that once held wine, gift bags, boxes, old college text books, gag gifts, and really who knows what else.  Something has to be done with it, and I've decided that this week is the week.  I'm going to go on an organizing and pitching spree in our basement.  Anything that is not move or storage worthy shall go.  I have been procrastinating/really wishing the mess would just take care of it self for quite some time now, but we are a few projects away from listing our house and the basement can't look the way it does now for potential buyers.  Stay tuned for a before and after pic.  The before pic will be frightening just to fore warn you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment