Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Baby Emma Update
Last Thursday and Friday, Emma decided to make life a little more interesting for us. On Thursday, I had some back pain, and a few contractions. Nothing that lasted a long time, and we were able to still go out to eat and have an enjoyable evening. On Friday, I got sick after breakfast and ended up with a headache and some blurry vision. So, I called the doctor and the nurse had me come in. To make a long story short, the end result of this visit was modified bed rest until my doctor's appointment today. Modified bedrest for me meant rest whenever possible, no housework, cooking, laundry, cleaning etc., and have help with Maddy when possible. No cleaning or laundry? Doesn't sound like such a bad deal, right? It was a long weekend, all of that sitting is quite boring. I did some reading, and watched some TV but all in all it was hard to make my self sit when I knew there were things that needed to be done. Thankfully, Kevin was home off for the weekend and he took care of Maddy and the house. Monday we had a playdate with former coworkers and their kids and on Tuesday Aunt Lindsey and Chewy took care of us. Really, Chewy hid downstairs after a bit of Maddy time. This morning, I had my weekly doctor's visit and everything was great. My blood pressure is still normal, no swelling, Emma is moving and her heart rate is good and thankfully I wasn't any more dialated than I was on Friday. This means that I am able to return to normal activity, hurray! I really feel for women who are on complete bedrest for an extended period of time. I understand that you do what you have to do for your baby's sake, but I'm fairly certain it would have driven me crazy. My mom is still comming over this afternoon to bring us dinner and to lend a hand with Maddy, but at least I am able to do things again and Kevin doesn't have to go to work and then come home and take care of everything here. He was really pretty great this weekend! Dr. H thinks that I will probably not go all the way until my due date but also doesn't think that I'll be seeing him before my appointment next week. So, I guess we could be having a late July baby instead of an early August one. As for our to do list, we made quite a bit of progress all things considered. Only a few more items to do, and since Kevin has a long weekend next weekend I think we will be in good shape. Take care everyone! We will let you know when she arrives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment