Sunday, August 29, 2010
Emma's One Month Bday
Emma turned one month old last weekend, and although these past four weeks have been exhausting ones for Kevin and myself they have been well worth it. That is one of the major differences, going from having one baby to having two the lack of sleep is worse with two. I remember being tired when Maddy was first born, and Kevin and I even remarked in the weeks leading up to Emma's birth that our bodies had already adjusted to less sleep with Maddy and that the fatigue wouldn't be as hard on us this time. While this is true, we forgot about the fact that we could sleep in after the early morning feedings with Maddy. Now when we do that feeding with Emma, Maddy is awake and has no interest in returning to bed whatsoever. So if Kevin and I are looking a little sleepy now days, we have our two beautiful girls to thank for it. But these days will past and Emma is growing and will be sleeping through the night soon. She is already up to 8 pounds 4 ounces and is more aware of her surroundings. I'm going to try to do monthly updates for Emma's first year as well, but I don't promise they will be as timely as Maddy's posts. Balancing our time the two girls is keeping us pretty busy, but very happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment