Saturday, February 26, 2011

Valentine's Day

Our Valentine's Day this year was very low key and family oriented.  We exchanged cards, and spent the weekend before hand doing fun things with girls because Kevin had to work on the 14th. 
On Saturday, we decided to drive up the river road.  It is a pretty drive and Kevin had never done it during the winter. We also saw several Bald Eagles.  They are beautiful creatures, but since I don't have the paparazzi like camera that the majority of the people photographing them, I don't have any pics of them on the blog.  
We also stopped at the Grafton Winery and Brewhouse for a snack.  Maddy had chicken tenders.
 Daddy fed Emma a bottle and we purchased a bottle of wine labeled with her birth date and name. We have one of our wedding and one for Madelynn's birth so we wanted to add to our set.
 They have a nice deck area outside that was open, but covered with snow.  It was very nice out that day, so I took Madelynn out to play and stomp in the snow while Daddy finished his beer.
 While, I didn't get any pictures of the eagles, I did snap a couple of the river itself.  It was very pretty, with the large masses of ice thrust on top of one another in some areas with spots of water poking throughand perfectly smooth ice in others that you would have sworn was an undisturbed field had you not know better.
The next day, we made a trip to the zoo which was also fun, but very crowded.  I guess we weren't the only ones with cabin fever.  So, I didn't bother to take pics of the girls while we were there this time. 
Not a flashy or romantic Valentine's Day weekend, but a perfect one none the less.


No comments:

Post a Comment