1. My Husband - He is in the middle of working seven days in row, and it is during these stretches that I realize how much I can take his help for granted at times. He takes such great care of me and the girls, surprising me with treats and flowers, taking his turn getting up with them in the middle of the night, pitching in around the house, the list could go on and on. I am blessed with a terrific husband and father to my children.
2. My Children - They have brought a new level of happiness to my life, and just when I think that it can't get any better it does. Yes, I am tired from midnight feedings and endlessly attempting to keep an adventurous toddler from harm, but they are well worth it. They are beautiful, sweet yet sassy, and must importantly healthy little girls. I truly hope that God blesses us with one more child sometime in the future, but if he doesn't, my life is full with Madelynn Mae and Emma Lynn.
3. My Family - My parents and sister and brother-in-law are all incredibly supportive and helpful. They make time for the girls on a frequent basis and are always there offering to help and calling to check on us. I don't think I could have managed the last few weeks of my pregnancy or these first weeks of caring for a toddler and a newborn with out them. I am very grateful for all there help.
4. Friends & Family - Who take time out of their lives to make time for us. Whether it be via a phone call, a text, an email, a facebook message, or by reading about us on here I appreciate it. I know how busy people's lives are and how time consuming that family and work can be. So we are incredibly lucky to have such supportive family and friend who are in our lives, and although we don't see some of you very often, you are definitely not forgotten and definitely appreciated.
5. Our Dogs - Lucy and Rascal are really pretty good with Maddy and she loves them, so that means that no matter how frustrated I get with them and their naughty behavior they get to stay forever, and ever. Because she loves them and they make her smile, and that makes me smile.
6. Forty-Five Minute Drives - This would not have made the list earlier in the week. I have made this drive, I believe eight times this week. All completely by choice, but I must admit that the length of the drive was getting to me. I wasn't thankful for it. I was cranky, and mopey about it. I wanted it be shorter, and I didn't want to have to wait for it to be shorter. But now, for tonight at least, I am thankful for the peaceful quite drive home and the chance it gave me to reflect on all the blessings that I have in my life. There are alot, alot more than the six I listed off tonight, but these are the big ones, and the ones that are most often taken for granted. These are the ones that deserved recognition.
Right on Miss Heather!!! I think we all need to be more thankful for the wonderful things in our lives. So often they are gone before we realize it and it is too late.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post!!
ReplyDelete