Friday, September 3, 2010

Green Acres Update

Not a whole heck of a lot happened with our ground this summer for multiple reasons.  One, is that we were busy.  Two, is that the grass/hay was taller than us for the majority of the summer.  Kevin has been itching all summer to get out there and play, oh I mean work.  A couple weeks after Emma's was born, I drove past the ground and saw this:
They were finally able to bale the hay.  It has been incredibly wet in the area this summer, and they were finally able to get to it.  So, while the girls, Mom, and I were at a shower, Kevin and Dad went to the ground to "work".  Work they did.  They cleared some brush and pulled the barb wire offer some fencing that will have to be removed.


In this picture, they just told me that they decided to keep the wire that was still good for when we get steers.  Yes, that is correct my husband thinks that we should get a couple head of cattle to help keep the grass down.  I don't agree.  I believe that they are an awful lot of work and also that they smell bad. 
We'll see who wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment