It is hard to believe, but I think that the time is passing more quickly with Emma than it did with Madeylnn. Miss Emma had her two month bday this past weekend, and as you can tell by the pictures below she is getting bigger. There are some noticeable changes in her and in the way she and Maddy interact from last month. Maddy sits by her more often, but also is less sure about sharing her toys or her MawMaw or PawPaw with Emma. Maddy also doesn't like it if we leave and Emma isn't with us. She looks at her spot in the car, points and says "Emma, Where Emma?" A concerned older sibling already.
Emma is also proving herself to be more of a sleeper than her big sister was, and she definitely isn't as fond of being swaddled as Maddy was. We think but aren't certain that Emma may have rolled over once. You see I left the room and when I came back in she was on her back instead of her tummy. We aren't certain if Maddy helped or if she did it herself. She hasn't done it again, but has come very close. Even more so, when she is on her back already.
Here is a picture of her snoozing in her bouncy seat while I was making dinner.
And this is Miss Emma on the day of her two month doctor appointment. All smiles and coos and aahs. We have daily chat time while her big sister is napping. For right now, although it does make life more complicated for me, I am glad that their afternoon naps don't coincide all the time. It gives me a chance to give each girl her own time, something I was worried about being able to do before Emma arrived.
Today, Emma weighed 10 pounds 3 ounces and was 22 3/4 inches long. She got a couple shots, but handled them nicely. A bit of fussing and she was done and ready to head home. I packed up some of her newborn clothes today too, that activity always makes me a little sad. It also reinforces that I am not ready for her to be my last baby.
Stay tuned for more updates. We will do a Halloween preview soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment