Or, maybe just a switch that I can flip to have our lives move in slow motion for just a little while. Time is moving so quickly. Maddy has changed from a tiny newborn to a full blown toddle in what seems like the blink of an eye. It has really hit me this past few weeks that she isn't a baby anymore. She is talking in complete sentence more and more frequently, and becoming increasingly more independent by the second. Madelynn is starting to dress herself, to put her shoes on herself. She's become quite the helper now too. Madelynn likes to unload the dishwasher with us, to help set the table, and it has become her job to let Lucy and Rascal in after they go potty outside. She especially likes to give them treats, even when they don't deserve them. Madelynn will be twenty-one months old next week and is showing a definite interest in potty training. So many big changes, so quickly. And they are exciting and fun changes, but it makes me realize just how quickly these years when they are little are going by. It confirms, that although the extra income would always be great, I am so so glad that I am able to stay at home with them. I think that this time would pass even more quickly if I was still working. Emma's getting big too, but I'll post more about her next week after her big four month check up.
Well said. Couln't agree more especially now. I sorta felt cheated out of the newborn experience but now that Luca is becoming more content I want to just soak up as much of him as possible.
ReplyDelete