Monday, November 29, 2010

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

I am SO very excited about Christmas this year!  We spend the day after Thanksgiving decorating our house, and I think that is going to be our tradition from now on.  It was a very fun day.  Maddy, Emma, and I did some of the smaller decorating jobs while Daddy was at work.  Maddy helped me put window clings on the windows.  She loved this job probably because they are a lot like stickers and she enjoys stickers.

Maddy has a little pink tree for her room that we purchased last year.  This year we found some cute pink snowmen, cupcakes, and candy ornaments to decorate it with.  Here she is saying, "CHEESE" and posing with her finished tree.
 We also put up a white Christmas tree in our basement.  My mom purchased a couple boxes of fun bright colored ornaments for Maddy's little tree at the end of last season and I forgot about them until I had already purchased the pink ornaments.  So, we called Daddy and he brought us this white Christmas tree for the basement.  I thought it would be fun to do something different and when we move we can use it for the kids' toy room, the basement, or the screened in porch.   Maddy loved helping with the ornaments this year too.

We decorated our family tree in the living room with all of our traditional Christmas ornaments.  My mom buys each of us an ornament every year.  This year, Maddy got a cho-cho train that looks like it was made from candy with a Santa Clause driver and she and Daddy found just the spot for it on the tree.  Emma's ornament was a very pretty rattle that says Baby's first Christmas.  My ornanment was a precious moment and Kevin's was a tractor because that was on his Christmas list.
 I really was impressed by how helpful Madelynn was through out the entire process.  I really expected that we would need to stop at some point and finish up during nap or bed time, but she was into it and that made it all the more fun for Kevin and I.

 I also decided to do more kid friendly decorations this year and opted for a Fischer Price Little People nativity scene instead of the breakable one we normally put up.  It was a good choice.  Maddy's enjoying playing with it and has learned that it is Baby Jesus in the manger, not Baby Emma.
 Little Emma was a great helper too.  She was a very content baby while we decorated.  She either sat back and watched us or took a nap in her swing.
Our house is completely decorated now at least the inside is, and we have a good start on our holiday shopping.  I am really looking forward to the season this year and hope that you all enjoy the best of it as well.  The baking, the wrapping, the shopping, the cards, and most importantly time with your family and friends.  Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment