On October 25th, Maddy had her eighth month birthday. We decided to put her in her Halloween costume for this picture. She decided to not cooperate and eat the caterpillar and crawl away from him during this photo session. So, this is our best picture. At eight months, Madelyn is on the go! She is crawling everywhere and is in to EVERYTHING. One of her favorite activities is to empty out the lazy suzanne in the kitchen (its stuck open at the moment) while I am cooking or baking. She also enjoys unpacking her diaper bag or a purse if one is left on the floor for her to explore, and will help to empty out a laundry basket while I'm folding clothes. Unless she is napping, I'm not able to get a whole lot done these days, but my days are very fun and the household chores can wait, right? Madelynn is now saying "mama" directed towards me and "dada" to Kevin instead of mixing the two up. She is also beginning to learn how to wave bye-bye and will say "bye-bye", just not always on cue. Madelynn also has become found of the dogs toys and will try to get Lucy or Rascal to play tug of war with her using their toys. She finds it particularly funny when Rascal growls and grumbles at her. She usually squeals and lunges towards him, which he is not a particular fan of. Maddy is also pulling herself up to the standing position and will stay standing for a while holding onto the couch, table, or crib. I have a feeling walking will be here before we know it. I'll be spending some time doing further baby proofing this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment